Rabu, 14 November 2012

PERSONAL RECOUNT TEXT

     PERSONAL RECOUNT TEXT

Recount text is a text that telling the reader about one story or experience or activity which is happen in the past.

The purpose of recount text is to entertaining or informing the reader.

Generic structure / 3 main parts, namely :
1. Title
2. Orientation or Setting
      Tells who was involved, what happened, where the events took place and when it happened. 
          Who, What , Where , When , Why.
3. The events
       This part retell what happened.
       Tell what happened and in what sequence.

4. Re - Orientation
      This part tells the writer's comment about the events that happened.

Language Features :
    a. Past tense ( using simple past tense )
           I went to Bali last month
    
     b. Connectives ( first, before, then, after, finally, etc )
             first, I left my house by taxi

      c. Specific participant ( I, Nisa, Doni, my father, my family, etc )

     d. Circumstances of time and place.
              On Sunday / Bali 


Berikut contoh personal recount text :

Ex 1
On Friday, we went to the Blue Mountain.  We stayed at David and Della’s house.  It has a big garden with lots of colorful flowers and tennis court.

On Saturday, we saw the Three Sisters and we went on the scenic railway.  It was scary.  Then, Mom and I went shopping with Della.  We went to some antique shops and I tried on some old hats.  On Sunday, we went on the scenic Skyway and it rocked.  We saw cockatoos having shower.

In the afternoon, we went home.


Ex 2
My mother got me ready for school then I had to wait for her to brush my hair and place every strand in just the perfect position. I had to show her my shoes that I had cleaned the night before and my school bag had to be neatly put on my shoulder before I could get near the door. Only after my mother was totally satisfied would I be allowed to rush out of the front door.
I would leave home at 8 am on the dot and make my way down the lane. After a walk of about 700 metres I would be able to see the tall steeple of the school.
The playground would be full in the summer and the noise would make me want to rush into the yard and get into a good game of football before the bell went.

2 komentar:

  1. iam a biginer, please visit my blog
    http://desdedi3.blogspot.co.id/2017/05/definition-of-recount-text.html?spref=fb

    BalasHapus